Many users from all corners of the world visit the web and browse the information they are surfing for!!
Probably, using a search engine is the quickest and simplest way to get the desired information in the shortest period.
You have to find ways and the best source to catch traffic and help them interact with your website. If the traffic doesn’t convert, then might be doing something wrong. This is true especially if you run a local business.
For instance, if you run a restaurant, gardening shop, salon, or any local service then local SEO tactics will help you best in ranking high on Google.
You have to make your website/service helpful to people living in your region as it won’t be helpful to people living in any other parts of the world.
This is the reason many local businesses prefer local SEO tactics and optimize their site to rank locally. You can find a digital marketing agency in Lucknow who can help you reach your targeted audience better.
A local digital marketing agency would help you better for customers to walk through doors at your physical location.
So, here are some mindful local SEO tips for small businesses that will help you rank locally better and reach the targeted audience.
Let’s look at them.
Target Local SEO Keywords
When a person has to find any local place, he finds it on Google using their mobile phones with their location tab on. Users type in search engines “find me this place near me”, and all best results are displayed.
Based on how well a business has done their local SEO plan, you find out the best result on the number one page and further on.
As websites rely most on keywords to be found on search engine page, you can need professional local SEO services near me that could guide you and help you in reaching your goals.
You can also include local jargon in your keywords and localize them without unambiguously naming the place.
Also, while picking up the keywords, you have to keep two things in mind:
- Select the keyword, based on their search volume. Start from a lower search volume keywords and after you start ranking on those, aim for higher search volume.
- Find a good keyword that represents what users are trying to find. Mostly, local keywords are more specific including the location, such as the best digital marketing agency in Lucknow or Digital marketing agency near me.
Keeping these things in mind, you can find the ideal keywords for your site.
Prepare High-Quality Content
The search engine allows websites to rank high based on their website authority and reputation you’re your website has enough number of traffic, has high Domain authority, and has enough backlinks, quality content, enough keywords, etc. It is a sum of all these factors that help your website to rank high on search engine result page.
But somehow, many website owners don’t think about all these factors. Somehow they tend to forget the importance of content and blog page on your website that helps your website get good market recognition.
Google Algorithm is very tricky and if you have to rank well on it, then you have to follow all their rules and avoid disobeying them.
Here are a few important things you must consider while creating the content for your website:
- Your content must be useful to the readers and must solve their problems. It must be Informative and help readers get information.
- Ensure that your readers find it convincing.
- Users must easily navigate, view and read through the content.
- Optimize your website with SEO keywords.
- Content must be unique and plagiarism free.
- Keep your URLs short and clear.
- Give a unique page title, Meta description, H1-H4 headings, Image titles, and ALT attributes.
Create Eye-Catching Image
Creating a visually attractive image is good to get the point straight. An image will allow the users to see the information on a better and understand the concept deeper that you are trying to say with your content.
Also, it makes your content live, attractive and unique that gives an extra boost for your readers to enjoy while reading through the content. Even, if some readers don’t want to read through the whole content then with the help of graphics, they can say easily let readers enjoy your content.
What type of images and graphics to choose?
- Share real pictures: Share real pictures of your building, services, product, surrounding area, employees, customers, etc. will let your users relate with your content more.
- 360° photos: A beautiful panoramic shot is priceless and will grab many eyeballs. Users interacting with your picture will be a bonus and will add user experience on your site.
- Animation and Gif: To make your site look alive and attractive, make full use of animation and add it into your webpages.
- Videos: Attractive sound, image, video, the text will make your site more powerful and will also diminish the bounce rate.
- Infographic: Saying a lot with infographic related to your line of work will make your website attractive as well as allow you to share your topic better.
- Charts and diagrams: You can include a chart and graphs to show users what you are doing and can share sales, success, and revenue you have increased over the years.
Further, you can use these graphics and visuals on social media also to make users happy.
Create Rich Snippets with Arranged Data
How to make search results more clickable and action worthy?
Meta descriptions, title, URLs, etc., are all ideal place to improve and turn your snippets into rich result.
You can make your site attractive on search engine result page by creating attractive content, do schema mark-up, in-depth tutorial. This will let your website rank good for a local business.
You must ensure the following things on your website:
- Physical Address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Opening hours
- Review score
- Products options
- And anything else you need on your search engine result page.
After including all the useful information, authenticate your pages with Google and find out any error if you have any.
Update a Google My Business Listing
Another essential local SEO strategy is Google my business. You have to ensure that your business is listed on GMB to gain high chances to appear on local search.
Probably, it is one of the important things for local SEO plan and your business is nothing if it is not listed here.
It gives your customers the ease to find you as well as can easily check your business details and authentication by reading on the Google result page.
Here are some of the benefits and things you will get when you list your business on GMB:
- Boost your website rank on the local search result page.
- Google Map will show your business on the map.
- A place in the list that displays results under Google Maps.
- Knowledge Panel will help you let your business information on the top right side of Google’s first page.
When you have listed your business on GMB, you can further track the impressions, site visits, photo views, phone calls, clicks etc., of users on your business.
Besides these, you can also find your local competitors website and information and can track their info.
Collect Positive Reviews
After listing your business on Google my business, you have to work on getting the customer feedback. This is the most powerful and most valuable way to get people to click on your business and interact with it.
Focus on getting positive reviews from your customer and utilize those reviews incoming at the top of the page.
Probably, positive reviews will help you show people what your customers/clients have liked and which will help them in making a better decision.
You can even ask your customers to leave a review on your page.
Track local SEO data from Google Analytics and Search Console
Everyone who performs SEO must have heard about Google Analytics and Google Search Console. Many are even skilled in using at using them and tracking information better. Further on, they can track the data to find the age, location, and gender of their visitors.
After reviewing the data on Google Analytics, you can use Google Search Console to find out the keywords you are ranking for, conversions you have to achieve, Click through rate, and Google positioning on specific keywords.
Optimize your website for the queries that trigger your site appearance on search result positioning. Further, if you will target those ranked keywords more and use them in your content, your positioning could improve and you can get more traffic.
Make your Site Mobile-Friendly
Your website should be mobile-friendly as most of your searches are made on mobile-only so you can’t afford to miss those traffic when they land on their webpage.
We can say that the current time has more demand for mobile devices search results over PCs. So, while you are working on your website, make sure you switch your website to offer this advice:
- Don’t get taken away if your website gains a high bounce rate and CTR low.
- Make your website mobile-friendly, so that it can convince users to get the right deal.
Further, take these necessary steps:
- Your text should be easy to read and should have a large font.
- Make your website with high-quality images and minimum file size.
- The intention of the website must be mobile responsive.
- The website must have a low loading time.
- Maintain the space between the paragraphs of text, links and other elements.
Your work still doesn’t end here. You have to check on your progress and test your site with the right mobile optimization tool.
Follow these easy and hassle-free local SEO strategies and let your business website rank high on search engine result and generate revenue.
To get expert digital marketing help for your local business, contact with our experienced professionals.
What do you think of using these local SEO tactics for your small business? Share with us in the comment section below.