86% of the shoppers shopping switch from one channel to another. They hop from one shop to another in order to make an effective decision on whether to buy online or at the store. Most of them take decisions after analyzing both scenarios and choose the platform that offers them the most decent price. This is the reason today marketers and retailers utilize the omnichannel marketing strategy and give customers who want to be on top of their game. So, if you aren’t yet using an omnichannel strategy for your business, it’s time to understand the importance of omnichannel marketing on your business and how you can make its best use to increase your ROI.
What is Omnichannel Marketing?
Omnichannel marketing is a method and way to create your brand’s presence over different platforms including websites, mobile apps, social media, WhatsApp, email, SMS and offline stores. All these platforms must create a positive and smooth experience on the customer’s journey.
How omnichannel is renovating the relation of marketing?
When it comes to building a brand presence, it is all about how many platforms and places your brand is available. Through omnichannel, you can create a brand on multiple channels which will build more presence of your brand and help customers check out brand products and services online at several platforms both online and offline.
Omnichannel marketing has become popular since consumers’ buying behaviour changed. As now consumers want to make an aware shopping decision and make the ultimate purcahsing after getting satisfied and hopping around different platforms. This is one of the major reasons why many big brands want to develop omnichannel marketing.
Consumers get satisfied only after doing their research on various platforms or before making their final buy. More options help customers in analysing and making satisfying decisions.
Why does Your Business Need Omnichannel Marketing?
Below are some Statistics data recorded on online shopping vs offline shopping and what consumers prefer.
- 66% of shoppers enjoy shopping online because they want to find items before making a purchase as compared to 27% who choose to shop offline.
- 59% of shoppers say that shopping on mobile helps them choose which brand they can buy from.
- 87% of shoppers say that knowing a good discount deal is more important than which brand or retail they buy from.
- A survey done globally found that 56% of shoppers use their smartphones to shop and do research on items they were in a store.
- 85% of shoppers said that product information and pictures are more important than deciding which brand or retail to buy from.
- 49% of shoppers say their shopping experience would be better if they were offered any promotional offer or coupons based on their past purchases.
What are the advantages of an omnichannel strategy?
Below are some omnichannel marketing benefits that you cannot ignore:
- Helpout customers through effective marketing communication.
- Build loyalty with customers.
- Maintain the relationship with customers.
- Be available to competitors and manage on all available channels.
- Follow your prospects by email, SMS, on YouTube.
- Multiply the cross-channel acquisition and all touchpoints and conversion rates.
How to Build a Perfect Omnichannel Marketing Strategy?
There are many brands that took Omnichannel marketing trends and are running their brand with success. Disney is one such brand that has created a perfect omnichannel marketing strategy to improve people’s experience at their theme parks. They have their website, mobile apps, and Magicbands that have allowed people to easily book their stay, check ride and boom tickets, etc. To build an omnichannel strategy like this, you have to be omnipresent.
Here are what ways you can follow to build a perfect omnichannel marketing strategy:
1) Layout a plan to build customer experience
Understand all the available channels where your brand can be on. Create a detailed plan to understand more about the customer, and their behaviour, and create your brand on all those platforms. This will help you in offering a good experience to your company and improve the flow across all the touchpoints data.
2) Make use of data strategically
By using CRM data, social media data, and customer behaviour data, you can know your customer closely on how they behave and address different situations. You can reduce churn by using the data in an efficient manner.
3) Personalize the journey of users and segment them
After you have analyzed the data, it’s time to segment them into different categories based on their behaviour. With this, you can offer a customized journey to each customer.
4) Get the reasoning right
Now comes the most critical part of omnichannel marketing strategy is understanding the context and reason for choosing a certain channel rightly. In case you understand all wrong, it may send the wrong message to the wrong audience at the wrong time. Ensure that the message and platform you are choosing to reach out to your audience are the most active platform and where you can engage with them.
5) Choose the right marketing automation tools
Use the right omnichannel marketing tools that will help you in implementing the strategy right and improve conceptualization and implementation. You must do a thorough analysis before you choose the right marketing channel.
6) Prepare your strategies keeping the customer’s viewpoint
This is quite an important step where you must keep your customer as a priority. Until your strategies aren’t made keeping your customer experience and customer mindset, will not help you in the long run and no marketing tool can help.
So, you must create the perfect omnichannel marketing strategy for your brand.
Conclusion – Is Omnichannel Marketing Worth the Effort?
Nowaways, all businesses putting their efforts into understanding omnichannel marketing strategies are improving their ROI as well as offering a seamless customer experience.
In case, you need more help or assistance from a professional, contact us!